I’ve vowed to read atleast one book from an author of & set in each state in India. Since our culture is so diverse and we have so many languages, I would prefer translated works but if that isn’t available I’ll settle for reading an English book in each state.
I would really appreciate your help in this. I’ve read books set in the states I’m from and of course those set in Delhi and Mumbai, but I haven’t read enough and I want to give each place it’s due.
Please comment below with a book you think I should read or if you are an author let me know about your book and what state you are from/it is set in. Below that I also have a list of books from each country that I have read so far.
Delhi – Most of the books I’ve read are set here.
- Andhra Pradesh – The Mythologist – Vamsee Juluri , Ranga Half Pants
- Arunachal Pradesh –
- Assam – Remember Death (author from here and most of the story happens here)
- Bihar –
- Chattisgarh –
- Goa – Wittness The Night (Kishwer Desai)
- Gujarat –
- Haryana –
- Himachal Pradesh –
- Jammu and Kashmir – Operation Jai Mata Di
- Jharkhand –
- Karnataka – Ghachar Ghochar
- Kerala – Mistress, Ladies Coupe etc etc, The Gospel Of Yudas
- Madhya Pradesh –
- Maharashtra -Lots of books are set here. BUT I read Rau and Half Open Windows
- Manipur –
- Meghalaya –
- Mizoram – The Blaft book Of Mizo Myths
- Nagaland –
- Odisha –
- Punjab – Train To Pakistan
- Rajasthan –
- Sikkim –
- Tamilnadu – Chennai Vaasi / Tamil Pulp Fiction / The english teacher (I think this was set in TN, if I’m wrong please correct me), Shilappadhikaram, Shiva in the city of nectar, High Priestess Never Marries,
- Telangana – New and I’m not sure if any books have been set here yet.
- Tripura –
- Uttar Pradesh –
- Uttarakhand –
- West Bengal – Murder With Bengali Characteristics, How I Became A Tree
Union territories count too!
- Chandigarh –
- Andaman and Nicobar –
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli –
- Daman and Diu –
- Lakshadweep –
- Puducherry –