As part of this whole “Let me save money and buy myself a nice new something I actually need” I decided to impose upon myself a Book ban throughout the month of august and maybe September too. So naturally I ended up spending a disgusting amount of money on books during this period. Here are a few books I bought after my previous haul (More to come, they’re on the way to me).
- Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler because it isn’t enough that I haven’t read the one other Tyler book I have.
- Water For Elephants because……I don’t know, everyone was talking about it.
- The ugliest possible edition of Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier beause the pretty blue hardbound was too expensive so I got a cheap used copy.
- Life Before Man by Margaret Atwood because it says life before man and is written by Atwood.
- Cider House Blues by John Irving because the book I actually wanted by him (Owen Meany) wasn’t available in the store.
- The Hand That First Held Mine and The Vanishing Act Of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell because everyone is harping on about This Must Be The Place and that’s still not released in India at Indian prices.
- This Is Not A Game by Walter Jon Williams because it sounds really interesting! Claims to be a Science Fiction, Cyberpunk murder mystery. Interesting, yes?
- A Visit From The Goon Squad because the description has the word Punk Rocker in it.
- And finally, The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry because I still haven’t read this book. What kind of an idiot am I?!
Are all my reasons justified? I also borrowed like eight books from my cousin and bought some new books and received some review copies. But those aren’t in this picture because they aren’t with me yes and for those that are I’m too lazy to remove them from my shelves and take a picture of them. I’m sure you understand.
What bans did you break in August?