amit sharma author, april wrap up, babylon revisited, Dark things, deweys 24 hour readathon, false ceilings, gayle forman, if i stay, kanishk tharoor, kindred spirits review, manu joseph, rainbow rowell, readathon, roots by rahul bhatt, sukanya vekatraghavan, swimmer among the stars, the illicit happiness of other people
April wasn’t a very good reading month for me. You’d think it was what with Dewey’s Readathon and all but it wasn’t. I was just DNFing a lot and slow reading a lot.
I did read 8 books though. And I dropped one audiobook (The Sixth Extinction) and am about to finish another (Brave New World). I also DNFed Cheese in the trap season 2, i wasn’t happy with the way it was going.
What I did finish is as follows:
1. The Sage, The Swordsman and The Scholars. This isn’t featured here because my cousin is reading it right now. Maybe she’ll like it more than I did. You can read my review here.
2. 100 Shades Of White – This isn’t featured here because its not mine. This was part of the travelling readathon I did with a group of Bookstagrammers. If will find it’s way to ym favourite books of the year, I’m sure. You can find my review here.
3. All You Who Sleep Tonight – I thought I had read this in march but when I checked goodreads it said April. Review here.
4. Swimmer Among The Stars – Review coming soon, this was one of the best short story collections I’ve read so far this year though. This was also picked up for Deweys Readathon but I only finished two stories in that time frame.
5. False Ceilings – A family saga from debutant Amit Sharma and it is one that I will keep in my possession for a while atleast. He has done a pretty good job and is definitely an author to keep an eye out for. Review here.
6. Babylon Revisited – Well its Fitzgerald so obviously its good. The three stories were all about people and their circumstances. I haven’t reviewed this but I’m sure you know how it’ll be considering it’s a classic.
7. Kindred Spirits – My very first Rowell and boy am I excited. Review here but take my word for it, this is a good place to jump in if you haven’t read Rowell yet.
8 The Illicit Happiness Of Other People – this was actually a march read but i didn’t do a wrap up. May a well include it right? RIGHT? Well anyway, review here.
9. Dark Things – Another Dewey read. I enjoyed this because it was so different from other tropey YA. Check it out if you haven’t already. Review here.
10. If I Stay – I did not like this book. Review coming soon, but I didn’t like this at all.
11. Roots – This was a great story but amateur execution. I wouldn’t say don’t read it but don’t get your expectations high. Review coming soon.
Have you read anything from here?